Pesquisar este blog

terça-feira, 19 de junho de 2012

At grocery



Going to the grocery is something I really enjoy to do here. There are so many things different from Brazil's supermarkets! I did a little list of some curiosities I found here.


Above it is a traditional American drink - root beer. It is not like regular beer. I didn't like the taste: it's like some strong sweet tea. If I were you, I would not spend my time tasting.


Because of cultural diversity, we find things from all over the world. This little potato balls are popular in South Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Hungary.




Because the huge number of jews in USA, kosher sections are common. Even the salt has to be kosher for real jews. Shalom.




One more from jewish section. I usually dislike food in cans and bottles, but this 
Gefilte Fish seems to be worst than my creepiest nightmare. It is made of fish, eggs and onion - everything you need to get a salmonella.


For those who remember the Mexican series "El Chavo", he always asked for tamarindo juice. Here is a picture of the fruit.



Nobody likes spams in the mail box, but maybe you can appreciate them on the table. Spam started to be used in the electronic world thanks the Monty Python sketch below.






Pickles. Americans love pickels.


A Andy Warhol classic: Campbell's tomate soup.


Fergie, Will.I.Am, Taboo and Apl.de.ap


Eleven among ten American moms feed their children with peanut butter. It is in the nation's DNA.



Here is a popular brand for pancake syrup. 


Dried meat here is called Beef Jerky. Disgusting.


Beer with flavors can be strange, but I tried this one and liked. 




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário